Where is life taking you now? When you are about to start an internship or new job, need to stay near an ailing relative, are contemplating a move to a new city or are waiting to close on a house, stress abounds! It can be unsettling, particularly when you don’t have a “home base” in which to rest, recharge and plan your next steps. Short term rental housing takes a significant weight off your shoulders. But, when it comes to short-term rentals, how do you find the right fit?
4 Tips for Finding Short Term Rentals
When you find yourself in a locale for a period that is too short to sign a year lease but too long to stay in a hotel room (or on a friend’s couch), it can feel as if you are in limbo. Many people find short-term rental housing to be an effective – and comfortable! – solution. To find the best option:
Start Looking Now
Don’t leave this decision till the last minute; it is important that you begin your search for short-term rental housing as soon as possible. This will give you a jump start on the process and time to reserve accommodations when you find the right fit. If you are unfamiliar with your destination, giving yourself ample time ensures that you can get a feel for the area and the “lay of the land,” so to speak. Just as important as researching hotel residences is looking into the neighborhoods in which they are located.
Know What You Want
It is essential to find accommodations that suit your needs when it comes to:
- Cost: Determine your budget and establish the upper limit for rent. Do some research into the typical housing costs in your destination to set reasonable expectations.
- Furnishings: While you can find unfurnished short-term housing at a lower cost, you will likely find that it is more expensive than opting for fully-equipped rooms/suites. In addition to rent, you will have to supply your own necessities – from linens to appliances to furniture.
- Accommodations: Do you require a kitchen? Laundry facilities? What is important to you and what will make the in-between stage feel more like home?
- Transit: If you require transit options, is access easy and convenient?
- Socialization: This is particularly important if you are new to the area. How will you meet people? Are there opportunities for socialization whether onsite or nearby?
Think About Location
Remember the mantra, it’s all about location, location, location! There are a few factors to consider: does the location make it convenient to commute to work? To make meetings? To get to the grocery store, gym, or doctor’s office?
While staying in the heart of a city may be a bit more expensive, for example, it can alleviate a great deal of stress when it comes to access and transportation.
Rent a Residence at The James of Hollywood
The James of Hollywood offers beautifully appointed residences with a touch of European charm. Our furnished, short-term rentals near West Hollywood are your home away from home. Enjoy:
Enjoy All the Comforts of Home – And Then Some
- 24/7 front office and concierge staff
- Fully equipped kitchens
- Well-appointed, comfortable living spaces
- Professional housekeeping
- Self-laundry and concierge-laundry services
- Nespresso machine
- Complimentary morning coffee and croissants
- King and queen-sized beds
- High-end accessories, including Kiehl’s toiletries, Marshall’s Bluetooth speakers, and vinyl record players
- Wood flooring
- Spacious closets
- Modern fixtures with retro appeal
The Tech You Need
- KEYPR in-suite concierge tablet
- Complimentary WiFi throughout the building
Social and Recreational Opportunities
- Communal working space
- Residents’ appreciation evening
- Residents’ lounge
- Game room
- Outdoor garden with fire pits
- Peloton fitness center
- Personal trainer upon request
- Dog run
- Dog-walking service upon request
The James of Hollywood is located in the heart of vibrant, dynamic Los Angeles. We are close to iconic landmarks such as Runyon Canyon, Musso & Frank Grill, the Hollywood Sign, and the Hollywood Bowl.
Instead of scouring websites like Craigslist, Airbnb, or Trulia for hit-or-miss furnished short-term rentals near West Hollywood, inquire about the elegant hotel residences at The James of Hollywood. Not only will you save time, but you will also find accommodations that meet your needs. Contact us today.